Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Week 9 Thing 21

Podcasts.

I had never really thought about them before.

I knew they were out there, floating around, but I am more visual than auditory, so I spend more time watching youtube than listening to podcasts.

But I was unaware just what was available.

I spent some time this weekend searching podcasts.yahoo.com.

I searched for House Music. I searched for Techno. I searched for UK Music and I wound up with some awesome radio shows that I can play while I cook dinner. One of them includes some unsigned British artists and is a little weird, but hey, I am all about weird.

Don't believe me? Try going to www.nyub.net and give it a listen.

Then, I searched for language. Did you know you can learn Japanese, Chinese and even French via a podcast? Really. I spent Sunday night trying to teach my dog French. I started the podcast and went to cook dinner. My dog sat listening and learning how to use the airport in France, with all the necessary vocabulary. I am not sure if she really picked anything up. But I found it to be quite awesome.

Oh, yeah. And I DID check out the library sites that use podcasts, too. I liked the fact that you could create a story on the net like we have dial-a-story. I also like the idea of booktalks that you can listen to. More fun than you can shake a stick at.

Still don't know how to make a podcast myself, but I think I will leave that as a learning task after I complete the program. I only have two more things to go, so I should be done soon.

Until then, keep listening. And check in sometime in the future. You may have a mysterious voice to contend with!

No comments: