Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week Eight Thing 18

Week 8 Thing 18

Moving along.

Here I am on Zoho Writer creating a fabulous little document I hope to export to my blog. surprised

And it even does smilies.

It looks like I can do some nifty things with it, like insert a link (although this function seems to be not working correctly. I don't seem to be able to insert one.

http://www.hedkandi.com/ and there it is!

I have named my document and have saved it. I can even strike out text if I want to.

I can really see the wonderful benefits to having something like this in libraries. We no longer have to rely on Microsoft Office, we can direct customers to Zoho Writer. They can create documents such as resumes and save them on Zoho Writer without needing to have a disk or a thumb drive. They can then open the document on any other PC that they log in to. It looks like they can even email the document as an attachment, right from here. I definately hope to steer some of my customers to Zoho Writer. I hope to learn how to use it more myself. What a great way to use the web.

No comments: