Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week Eight Thing 19

Just came back from a visit to http://www.oodle.com

Oodle was one of the winners of the Web 2.0 awards and I can see why. Oodle searches the classified ads for certain cities, and luckily, Baltimore is one of the cities I can search.

It breaks it down nicely into categories if you are just browsing, like I was doing. When you select a category, you get a nice listing of sub headings along the left hand side of the screen so you can narrow down your search. For example, I selected Cats as a heading and looked at available cats in the Baltimore Area. I can limit that further to Himalayan, my favorite type of cat. I can also limit by location, if I only wanted to travel to Towson, or if I had lived in Annapolis.

It offers the basic classified searches, apartments, real estate, objects and things for sale, pets, tickets to concerts and sporting events and even personal advertisements. It was quite fun to browse to see what was available. You even have a nice keyword function if you were looking for something more specific.

As my laptop is giving me gas, I might log on to Oodle and look around. What can I lose?

I hope all of you in Blogland are doing well on the 23 things and finding cool new sites to experience. I never would have noticed Oodle if not for the 23 things. I am going back to the awards to play around with some other winning sites. Catch you on the flip side.

No comments: